banner
Funstuff help for others

TOPIC: Intrusive KRH skins

Intrusive KRH skins 22 Mar 2015 15:58 #23095

• MrYeah
  • Junior Boarder
  • I like Pizza
  • Thank you received: 22
I noticed recently that you were adding modified files in the maps you repacked with bot support.
Files that (amongst other things) modify the original helmet skin made by Frozen Sand to imprint your own "KRH" stamp on it.

And I don't like it. I don't like players having to download files that modify the game or its content in a way they didn't ask, or agree for.

I've been playing on server that use your modified maps with bot support and that require you to download these .pk3 to play there. And sometimes there are a lot of them, so I don't feel like browsing through all these maps to remove your modified skins/funstuff every time.

So could you please remove these files?
Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Intrusive KRH skins 22 Mar 2015 16:23 #23096

• Cthulhu
  • Senior Admin
  • Thank you received: 2235
MrYeah wrote:
I noticed recently that you were adding modified files in the maps you repacked with bot support.
Files that (amongst other things) modify the original helmet skin made by Frozen Sand to imprint your own "KRH" stamp on it.

And I don't like it. I don't like players having to download files that modify the game or its content in a way they didn't ask, or agree for.

I've been playing on server that use your modified maps with bot support and that require you to download these .pk3 to play there. And sometimes there are a lot of them, so I don't feel like browsing through all these maps to remove your modified skins/funstuff every time.

So could you please remove these files?
Thank you.

Legalise the Balisongs !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marri, ControlleRus, Undisclosed Mistake

Intrusive KRH skins 23 Mar 2015 18:37 #23108

• LammeSnail
  • Servers Owner
  • Thank you received: 4636
I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean, how to remove it.
This is a very small logo and I never thought it would do any harm to anyone. Otherwise it is only viewable when cap funstuff is loaded.
I am not sure how I could remove something from a released and widely used map pk3 file? Should I release the map with the same name but without KRH funstuff? Whouldn't it be bad for server owners and players (with and without it in their pk3)?
Or you mean I should release the same maps without this funstuff (e.g. ut4_piketurn_rc1_bots_withoutkrhfunstuff)?

Thanks

UPDATE: Originally these maps with added bot support were meant to the previous KRH TS BOTS server (later it ran with the name [KzH] Mission Impossible), where the human players had to join one team while there were 16 bots in the opposite team with these caps with forcecvar (to help the humans better recognize them), but since most of these functions I used to configure my unique server were not supported by FS in 4.2 anymore I had to close it.
That was the reason.
(Lately you can find clone server(s) of my original idea tho).
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Last Edit: 23 Mar 2015 18:56 by LammeSnail.

Intrusive KRH skins 24 Mar 2015 14:46 #23117

• MrYeah
  • Junior Boarder
  • I like Pizza
This is a very small logo and I never thought it would do any harm to anyone.
readme42.txt wrote:
Urban Terror is a collection of files created by Frozen Sand/0870760 B.C. Ltd,
community maps and community assets which are creditted in the map
readme's. The files that constitute this modification are copyright
FrozenSand
/0870760 B.C. Ltd 2000-2012.
Use of any file contained within the mod is illegal without permission.
Anyone wishing to re-use any of the media contained within the official
release of Urban Terror should first contact Frozen Sand at
www.frozensand.com or www.urbanterror.info

I highly doubt Frozen Sand gave you the permission to distribute modifications of their assets (here both funstuff and gear skins) within custom .pk3s so this right there would be a blatant case of copyright infringement. If instead you had created your own funstuff and included it in the .pk3 there wouldn't even be an issue.

I'm aware the files may have been widely distributed by now and that you can probably do very little about it, but copies of the files are still present in your own map repository. The least you could do now is removing these files and display a notice that the .pk3 archives have been updated.
the human players had to join one team while there were 16 bots in the opposite team with these caps with forcecvar (to help the humans better recognize them)

I hardly see where the difficulty to recognize bots would have been if they indeed were all in the opposite team. Furthermore i don't see how a "very small logo" as you said would have helped recognition. If you wanted to use the caps for their bright colors you could have used the original funstuff.

Intrusive KRH skins 24 Mar 2015 19:41 #23119

• LammeSnail
  • Servers Owner
It was suggested me to just ignore this thread, because this is just a very tiny, little bullshit thing.
But I think myself like a polite man so I prefer to answer to some points.

They key is that this funstuff mod was really meant for our bot server years ago.
MrYeah wrote:
I hardly see where the difficulty to recognize bots would have been if they indeed were all in the opposite team. Furthermore i don't see how a "very small logo" as you said would have helped recognition. If you wanted to use the caps for their bright colors you could have used the original funstuff.

It is not about you can't recognize the bots, when all they are in the enemy team. But it was really hard to kill them in certain circumstances, and I thought to force a green cap to all red suited bot players to be better visible. The logo was originally an artwork/try of one our valued clan members, and I thought this would be a nice idea to have this on our own server.
Where we run our own MOD development.
Where we have maps in our mapcycle with bot support we added ourselves to maps.

Honestly: when I tried this funstuff mod at the first time on Dressingroom (mirror), I thought it is pointless to change, because it is sooo tiny (plus the ultimate graphics of UrT) that noone will ever see it.

OK just to stay objective:
- Is your biggest problem our hardly recognizable clan logo?
- Will you challenge all the servers and server owners who run the maps we added the bot support to remove them to?
- Will you maybe blame me at FS for punishment?
This point is my favorite. Would you really do it? LOL show me just an other head admin / server owner who did more for the public community of urbanterror players in the last 6 years?
If you miss my records, I can make you a short collection.
- hosting servers, TS3, websites and other stuff
- developed MODs, B3 plugins and other stuff
- made maps
- I am always helpful with the urt community when I can help in anything (server hosting, mapping, etc)
- I donated FS via paypal from my own money (plus click regularly on their ads)
- I donated UZ via paypal from my own money (plus click regularly on their ads)
- I donated B3 via paypal from my own money (plus click regularly on their ads)
- etc

While I develop and maintain the servers and communities in my free time and I host our servers from my own money (except small donations).
So once again: is this small little logo thing really such a big problem for you? I don't plan to change the previously released maps.

I am not personal.
And I am not offended.

I think I am fair person in this game. Are you?
When I met you on our servers, I thought you are a fair and mature player... but... are you?
Nothing personal.

Last Edit: 24 Mar 2015 19:42 by LammeSnail.

Intrusive KRH skins 25 Mar 2015 13:39 #23120

• MrYeah
  • Junior Boarder
  • I like Pizza
LammeSnail wrote:
It was suggested me to just ignore this thread, because this is just a very tiny, little bullshit thing.

I had the feeling I would have this kind of response and it indeed may be a trivial thing but I really dislike the way you did this, and wanted you to know it.

Maybe I should have contacted you by another mean than this forum on the subject.

I know you and your community did a lot for Urban Terror and will probably do even more in the future, but some times it's just plain wrong and I can't agree with it. Sorry if some had to take this like an attack, I tried to keep this not personal as well. If you decide to just go on and not remove anything I can live with it.
If your attitude towards me on your servers has changed after this I'll just live with it as well.

Regards

Intrusive KRH skins 25 Mar 2015 17:30 #23121

• LammeSnail
  • Servers Owner
I feel I am mature enough to answer correctly if there is a chance to a correct conversation.

I am not offended, I just found in my eyes this issue so small (especially compared to all other efforts I and we as KRH clan did for the public urbanterror players) that I wondered if I should do anything.

I really don't want to change the maps released years ago. But as compromise I can promise you I will not include this funstuff modification in the maps I release in the future.
I hope you will be fine with that.
(Or if you are an artwork geek, your extra funstuffs are warm welcome for future KRH map releases) :P

My attitude will not change. I just can't stand evil and stupid people.
I can handle smartasses : :lol:

Nothing personal and I didn't want to offend you in any way. Thanks tho!

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

Shoutbox

Balafre[FR] - Fri 18 Oct - 09:52

:)

idefix - Fri 13 Sep - 19:42

Yes still plays :D

Jocke1221 - Fri 13 Sep - 12:55

Hello!So happy to be back to this forum, its been 7 years got back in just cause of curiosoti. Do you guys still play this game?

Cthulhu - Sat 31 Aug - 00:58

np Contro , we had fun too! looking forward to your next map ;)

Cthulhu - Sat 31 Aug - 00:58

np Contro , we had fun too! looking forward to your next map ;)

controlleRus - Thu 29 Aug - 00:12

tnx for testing

controlleRus - Thu 29 Aug - 00:12

was fun Ama Cthu :)

idefix - Fri 23 Aug - 17:18

all fine here Joanna love but miss u in games ;)

Joanna - Thu 22 Aug - 11:26

Hi all . i hope u all are well :-) controlleRus , Marii and idefix Thank you for the memory and wishes kisses :*:*:*

idefix - Fri 9 Aug - 10:54

happy birthday Joana sry a bit late

controlleRus - Thu 8 Aug - 21:59

Hi Marri:)

Marri - Thu 8 Aug - 20:10

Hi all!)))))

Marri - Thu 8 Aug - 20:10

Happy Birthday Joan!!! :*

Marri - Thu 8 Aug - 20:09

Happy Birthday Cthu!!! sorry, im late((

controlleRus - Sun 4 Aug - 21:06

Happy Birthday Joana :)

Cthulhu - Mon 29 Jul - 22:44

thx m8 ! ;)

controlleRus - Mon 29 Jul - 19:08

Happy Birthday Cthulhu :D

idefix - Mon 22 Jul - 16:18

xD

Cthulhu - Sat 15 Jun - 22:42

Happy Birthday PiPi ! xD

idefix - Mon 3 Jun - 21:10

thx for good games tonight :D

CornFlakes - Mon 3 Jun - 20:13

hi all... T-888 we're looking to play but hard to find the good moment :/

T-888 - Sun 12 May - 01:16

at least Corny & Idefix are somehow manage to play together :P

idefix - Sat 11 May - 23:21

T-888 most of us play on 4,3 servers.4,1 is more fun then 4,3 but when no one plays 4,1 i go 4,3 i think many other do the same

T-888 - Thu 9 May - 13:25

yeah i want to play too,but so far i never met a single soul on your servers :( CEST time zone hereAs for game version i noticed that 4.1 is completely dead (even sexy's server) 4.2 seems dead too (bots only everywhere) only 4.3 have some activity

idefix - Sun 5 May - 18:15

corny if u want to play again write here and version of game

idefix - Sun 5 May - 18:14

cornyhi

:D

:wave:

CornFlakes - Sun 5 May - 18:02

hey ide... hey all :)

idefix - Sat 4 May - 17:21

:D hi all

idefix - Thu 2 May - 19:49

2015 was a good year thats why T-888 lol

T-888 - Fri 26 Apr - 16:40

What the hell, :O "happy easter 2015"??? it's 2019 if someone not noticed... Or maybe it's april's fool day joke...hmmm confused... :P or ... did i hit some diffrent timeline? lol

LammeSnail - Mon 15 Apr - 14:54

Ohh Cont you are right, I forgot to add it, now it's done, sorry. Have fun! :)

controlleRus - Sat 13 Apr - 23:50

Snail, Please check the map repository. Players can not download Crystal v2 :(

LammeSnail - Wed 10 Apr - 12:35

I changed the bots to regular ones, pls try them. CU HF

LammeSnail - Wed 10 Apr - 12:23

Yo Marty, thx for the info. Actually the bot plugin is exact the same like on the 4.2 KRH server, so I have no idea why the balancing is so stupid. However we already used to have some NO-BOTS weeks, but nothing has changed in player numbers. BB

Marty - Thu 4 Apr - 19:58

Guys, can you pls remove KRH bots server from public list? It gives once reputable server bad image, because the balancing is so stupid, it kills the game. Can you reactivate the "normal" server without bots? I'm sure some people will play. Thanks

idefix - Wed 3 Apr - 18:14

Time to play a bit on KRH was fun last time :D

idefix - Fri 22 Mar - 19:58

better late then never Happy Birthday Eberhard xD

controlleRus - Thu 21 Mar - 21:24

Happy birthday Eberhard :)

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Birthdays

Leon (Freggell) in 4 days (43) , Link0x in 7 days (24)

Visitor counter

Today
Yesterday
This Week
Last Week
This Month
Last Month
All days

Your IP: 3.85.214.0
2019-10-22 18:54

Donate US

FacebookFacebook